Student Travel Grants
- An applicant should be an (co-)author of an accepted paper (with the paper status “accepted” or “accepted for presentation”), and the registration with a FULL RATE should be completed for this accepted paper.
- An applicant should attend WPMC 2023 for the in-person paper presentation(s). The STG will not be provided for a no-show awardee.
- An applicant should be a student in the days of WPMC 2023, or graduated less than six months in the days of WPMC 2023.
Preparation of Application
An application should prepare an application containing following information:
- Name, affiliation, and position (e.g., undergraduate, master, Ph.D students) of the applicant
- Title and author list of the accepted paper(s) (particularly indicate if the applicant is the first author or corresponding author)
- Descriptions for research outcomes of the applicant (e.g., research focus, how many papers that have been published, how many conferences that the applicants have ever attended, etc.)
- The length of the applicant should not exceed four pages.
• The applicant should be sent to Dr. Neeli Prasad through email (email@example.com)
On November 8, 2021, a new regulation went into effect requiring visas and other documents for all foreigners visiting Japan.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, it is difficult to complete the arrangements within about a month before the conference due to the lengthy procedures. In consideration of this situation, we are kindly requesting all foreign participants residing abroad to participate and present their papers online.
Flights to Okayama
Direct flights from abroad
From Shanghai Pudong International Airport: Approx. 3 hr 10 min
From Hong Kong International Airport: Approx. 4 hr 50 min
From Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport: Approx. 3 hr 35 min
From Incheon International Airport: Approx. 1 hr 30 min
Connecting and Domestic flights
Connecting and Domestic Flights from Major International Airports in Japan are only from Tokyo (Haneda), Sapporo and Okinawa.
From Okayama Momotaro Airport, please take Airport Bus to Okayama Station, which takes about 30-40 minutes.
JAPAN RAIL PASS, a joint offering of the six companies comprising the Japan Railways Group (JR Group), is the most economical means of traveling throughout Japan by rail.
JR has three types of Shinkansen (bullet train) services, “NOZOMI”, “HIKARI”, and “KODAMA”. “NOZOMI” is the fastest, “HIKARI” is faster and “KODAMA” is fast which stops all stations.
There are some restrictions on use; for example, JAPAN RAIL PASS cannot be used for travel on “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo, and Kyushu Shinkansen lines.
There are two types of JAPAN RAIL PASS: Green (for superior-class Green cars), and Ordinary. Each of these types is available as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day PASS.
For example, prices of Exchange Orders of 7-days PASS are 39,600 Yen for Green cars and 29,650 Yen for Ordinary cars.
Please click the left button to get more detailed and latest information.
If you buy a normal ticket of “NOZOMI” from Tokyo to Okayama, it costs about18,000Yen (Ordinary car with Reserved seat) and takes about 3 hr 20 min . In case of “HIKARI”, it costs about 17,000Yen and takes about 4 hr 15 min.
If you have plans to visit several cities such as Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Sendai etc. using Japan Rail, “Japan Rail Pass” must be very economical.
The following information is cited from the official WEB site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan.
Please visit the official WEB site for further and latest information of VISA.
As of September 2019, Japan has taken measures concerning the Visa Exemption Arrangements with 68 countries and regions as the chart shown in the official WEB site. Nationals and citizens of those countries and regions shown in the official WEB site are not required to obtain visas to enter Japan when their visits are tourism, commerce, conferences, visiting relatives/ acquaintances, etc. However, when foreign nationals engage in paid activities in Japan, or their periods of stay exceed those stipulated in each country’s arrangement of short-term stay, visas will be required to enter Japan.
Invitation letter for VISA
If you require a letter of invitation for your VISA application, please submit a request for a letter of invitation to TBD.
Please provide the following information in your request:
- Your full name (Please specify family name in upper case letters and given name in lower case letters)
- Personal address
- Title (Dr., Professor, Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ms, etc.)
- Birthday (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Passport No.
- Date of expiry